Support Counselor II
|Department:||Intensive Home Based Services – Wraparound|
|City, State:||Merced, CA|
Join Aspiranet and find a career your heart will love. You’ll be part of a vibrant team making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families every day.
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and service provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family and residential care, adoption, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health, intensive home-based supports, and community-based family resources.We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
The Wraparound Support Counseloris part of a strengths-based, highly skilled and passionate team of employees including a Facilitator, Clinician and Parent Partner. The team uses creative problem solving skills to support this high risk population and provides 6-10 hours of intensive home-based support to familieseach week.
As a Support Counselor II you will find yourself on the front lines of behavioral health service delivery. You will have daily opportunities to meet with clients and family members across Merced County. We meet young people at their most vulnerable times, build on their strengths, respect their voice and support them through challenges as they develop new and more successful coping skills. The successes youth build upon throughout service delivery allows them to be prepared to overcome future obstacles and maintain hope moving forward.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provides field-based support to youth in their home or community settings.
- Identify interventions and coping skills to support identified behaviors.
- Role model alternative strategies for care givers and youth.
- Collaborate with team on youth and family treatment plan.
- Completion of documentation and required trainings.
Education & Work Experience
- BA or BS Degree in related field plus two full time equivalent years’ experience in a behavioral health field.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience with high risk youth and/or field based services a plus.
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Aspiranet engages in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. If our values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then Aspiranet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in a child, family, and community’s life