Foster and Adoptive Families
We believe every child deserves to live in a safe and stable family, so we work to ensure that every Aspiranet Family can provide just that. We partner with our families to ensure that welcoming a child or youth into your home is a positive, healthy and successful experience. Throughout the process our staff spends time with families understanding each unique situation, answering questions and identifying the possibilities that may be available. The process of becoming a foster parent is guided by state and Aspiranet requirements including:
• Parents must be 21 years of age or older
• Families should have adequate space for a child in the home
• Families should be financially self-sufficient
• All adults over the age of 18 must clear a background check through Child Abuse Index and Department of Justice fingerprints
• Parents must have a valid California driver’s license, clean 10 year DMV driving record, reliable transportation and proof of insurance
• Parents will need to complete Aspiranet parent education classes, CPR and first aid courses, family interviews and psychosocial assessments, and a home environment check.
Interested in learning more about the guidelines listed above?
Our Family Coordinators can answer your questions and provide more detail. Fill out our
Children in foster care in California
Youth reunited with their families or matched with foster families annually through Aspiranet
Children transitioned from foster care to adoption, since 1999 by Aspiranet
How you can help
Thousands of children in California are in need of a forever family. Can you offer a child a safe and loving home?
Transitional Aged Youth
We believe: All young people deserve a strong foundation from which to launch their futures.
We believe: No child is beyond help, and everyone deserves a chance to fulfill their potential.
Intensive Home-Based Services
We believe: When children and families have access to the support and resources to thrive, there's no limit to what they can accomplish.
We believe: Caring and support helps families through challenging times.
Family & Community
We Believe: Families thrive when they have robust connections and support in their lives.