Foster and Adoptive Families
We believe every child deserves to live in a safe and stable family, so we work to ensure that every Aspiranet Foster Parent can provide just that. Aspiranet works with families regardless of your ethnic background, education level, sexual orientation, relationship status (single, married or partnered), job status (part- or full-time) or home ownership. You don’t need to be a special “type” of person, but the important requirements to become a foster family with Aspiranet are listed below.
• Parent(s) must be 21 years of age or older
• Families should have adequate space for a child in their home
• Families should be financially self-sufficient
• All adults in the household (over the age of 18) must clear a background check
• Parents must have a valid California driver’s license, clean 10-year driving record, reliable transportation and proof of insurance
• Parent will need to successfully complete Aspiranet foster parent classes, CPR and first aid courses, family interviews and assessments, and a home inspection
Interested in learning more about the guidelines listed above?
Our Family Coordinators can answer your questions and provide more detail. Fill out our
Children in foster care in California
Youth reunited with their families or matched with foster families annually through Aspiranet
Children transitioned from foster care to adoption, since 1999 by Aspiranet
How you can help
Thousands of children in California are in need of a forever family. Can you offer a child a safe and loving home?
Transitional Aged Youth
We believe: All young people deserve a strong foundation from which to launch their futures.
We believe: No child is beyond help, and everyone deserves a chance to fulfill their potential.
Intensive Home-Based Services
We believe: When children and families have access to the support and resources to thrive, there's no limit to what they can accomplish.
We believe: Caring and support helps families through challenging times.
Family & Community
We Believe: Families thrive when they have robust connections and support in their lives.