Help Build the Bridge Between Foster Care and Independence
Each year in California at least 4,000 young adults leave their foster homes and need housing. More than half of them do not have a place to go. This program provides a safe living environment while teaching them life skills that help them become self-sufficient. The only comprehensive housing program of its kind, THP-Plus offers young adults age 18-24 the option to live in a multi-family housing unit, a single site, or with a host family.
In addition to a place to live, young adults in the program receive the following supportive services:
- Financial (security deposit, rent, and utilities)
- Apartment furnishings
- Transportation assistance
- Post-program housing assistance
- Comprehensive case management
- 24-Hour crisis intervention and support
- Individual and group therapy
Jobs and Education
- Job readiness training and support
- Educational advocacy and support
- Aid in pursuing college and vocational schools
Areas Served include San Joaquin, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Visalia, Stanislaus, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura, and Riverside.
- Counties – Probation, Public Health, Behavioral Health in each county
- Businesses – Tiechert; IN and Out Burger;
- Community Based Organizations – Rotary; Sleep Train; Faith-based
- Foundations – California Wellness Endowment; Andrus Foundation, John Burton Foundation
- Ventura County Human Services Agency, Ventura county Behavioral Health, Ventura county Probation Department
- Domino’s Pizza, Automotive Racing Products, Ventura Raceway, State Farm Insurance, Jersey Mike’s Subs, California Portable Storage (PODS), Chick-fil-A, United Rentals, County Commercial Bank
- The Soroptimist International of Conejo Valley
THP-Plus is 100% funded by the State of California. The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) administers the program, which allocates funding to 46 county child welfare agencies. We need volunteers to help with finances, mentoring, and housing. Please contact us to find out how you can help young adults transition to a life of hope and productivity.
Press Release: AltruIT and FollowMe Help Deliver HealthShack. See the news story here.Launch program site www.aspiranetthpplus.org/