Breaking the cycle of abuse and promoting peace
It’s a sad fact but child abuse and neglect can happen anywhere. In your city, in your neighborhood, – even next door. Aspiranet knows that the one of the best ways to break the cycle of violence is to be proactive, gather together a group of concerned community members and facilitate their cooperative efforts.
Aspiranet is proud to coordinate and staff “The Partnership” (The Partnership for Safe Families & Communities of Ventura County ) – a membership organization with over 20 years experience of preventing child abuse, child neglect and family violence in Ventura County.
Parents, community activists, business leaders, education, faith and law enforcement representatives, mental health providers are all members of The Partnership. These community activists share common concerns, are committed to making a difference and are willing to put their ideas into action.
The mission of “The Partnership” is simple – to promote a community committed to safe, healthy and peaceful families and their objectives are straightforward:
- To provide interagency cooperation and coordination
- To build public awareness of child abuse and neglect
- To inform the public of the many resources available
- To help intervene and prevent child abuse and neglect before it happens
- To facilitate the training of professionals to detect, treat and prevent child abuse and neglect
- To improve services to families and victims of abuse and neglect
- To facilitate additional community support
With over 60 members and 1200 constituents, members of The Partnership share a common vision – to end violence in every city in Ventura County. Although their monthly meetings are well attended and their support base is growing, they know that there is always more work to be done.
Because family violence tends to repeat itself from generation to generation, outreach and intervention are vitally important. Knowledge is power and The Partnership is hard at work to educate the public and make Ventura County a safe place where children can grow and thrive.Launch program site www.partnershipforsafefamilies.org